Sunday, October 21, 2012

Week 12 - Marathon Training

Update:   The hip injury seems to be slowly improving, and I have been getting back on the road.   I did a couple of 3 milers with pretty minimal pain, so that is incredibly encouraging.  I am planning on doing a 8ish miler tonight.  I know that I have missed one of the most crucial weeks of training, therefore my marathon won't be quite as fast as I had planned/wanted. My plan of just doing one marathon may have to change just so I can redeem myself after Philly.   Damn this competitive nature!!   In the meantime, the marathon is simply all I can think about when my mind wanders.   I am about to move my office and my home and run a marathon all within the next month.   It is all pretty overwhelming, but also incredibly exciting!  Times like these, I feel, are what define me as a person.   I always tend to stretch myself as thin as possible and seem to thrive on running on fumes (and caffeine).  Will update again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment