Sunday, October 14, 2012

Week 11 - Marathon Training

The thing I feared the most about marathon training has happened.   I have an injury.   I am not actually sure what it is, but I have taken 6 days off already and it is not getting any better.    It is in the hip flexor/groin area.    This whole situation is frightening me.   What if I can't run Philly?   What if I can't get in my 18 and 20 mile training runs?   Do I really want to do a marathon that I don't feel ready for?   There's a lot of things going on in my head...All I can do right now I suppose is hope for the best and just try to do whatever I can to heal this so I can get back to training.  My mood has been sour and I know it is because I haven't been running.    If anyone actually reads this, please keep me in your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment